Blogorama - The Blog Directory CCUSA - The Worst Summer Camp Organisation: Horrible experience at Camp Birchwood for Boys - More CCUSA Emails

Friday 14 February 2014

Horrible experience at Camp Birchwood for Boys - More CCUSA Emails

After I realised that I was also underpaid by Camp Birchwood for Boys, I then contacted contacted CCUSA to get this sorted, even though they did next to nothing to help me prior to this.
This is the reply from Mike Fried of CCUSA:
Hello Stuart,I want to take this opportunity to address the issues in your email.I am not sure what you are stating about clearing your name?  You were released from your camp contract and we have collected information which we believe legitimizes the reason the camp no longer wanted you employed.  We realize as well you have presented your side of the events, but as has been explained to your thoroughly, your employment is at will and a camp may terminate for proper reasons at any time.  Your visa was ended, not terminated, there is no black mark on your record and nothing to prevent you from applying for further visas.I cannot comment on the other camp counselor who you claimed kept his job as I have no connection to this, but truthfully would not be able to comment on this even if I was aware as each case is independent on its own merits.Regarding your pay, as outlined in your program agreement, your contract is actually 63 days, plus pay for additional days worked beyond that time ( you would not be paid for days off).  Your program agreement calls for you to be paid $1,000 USD for the 63 day period, however, you only worked 50 days, and thus are paid on a pro- rated amount for that time. The calculations given to you and the fees deducted were fair and accurate and applied based upon the signed program agreement, the information in your pre- departure orientation and the interview checklist covered with you.Thank you,MikeMichael Fried
What I have put in bold, it does show that the law is weak in this area although it says their needs to be proper reasons, which there clearly was not any. I provided CCUSA with so much proof of this. The proof I showed them is here http://summercampsexperience.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/camp-birchwood-for-boys-worst-summer.html
Here was my reply to that email:
Hi,I want to clear my name as Camp Birchwood for Boys fired me for something I did not do.Put yourself in my position, not only did I get let go for something I didn't do but they accused me of something horrible and for personal reasons hurtful. I would never do this to another child, I will not stop until I clear my name of this. Also my co counselor Brent Louis did keep his job and he was accused of the same things as me. Also had the director Daniel Bredemus actually believed the accusations made against me and my fellow counselor, Brent would have been fired as well yet he kept his job. Also when I was trying to tell the director that this didn't happen, he told me that he would hire me again next year and he would also give me a good reference if I wanted to go to a different camp, if he really believed I did this why would he say this.The director has also messed with my life here, I am now in debt because of this, also I might have to drop out of university because I don't have the money for a flat to stay in. My whole experience has been ruined by all of this. So put yourself in my position and tell me what you would be doing differently.It is clear that none of the reasoning behind me being let go makes sense, and yet you say that the camps reasons were legit. What is your reasoning behind that?I came to CCUSA for help on this and from what I can tell all you did was email them asking for their reason and that their reply was the end of it.  The very least you could have done was give me the contact information of someone who could help me.You have said that my employment at camp is at will and that they may terminate that for proper reasons at any time but it is clear clear their reasoning isn't proper.I realise now that there is no black mark on my record but what if I wanted to work at another camp in the future, what is this going to do for me.I think I have more than enough reasons for wanting to clear my name.Also about the pay, I signed a contract with camp in which the contracted dates were 31 May 2013 - 18 August 2013 and as I have stated before it is quite clear that I am still owed a wage no matter what the circumstance and I'll go to a small claims court if I have to.I am currently still looking to clear my name and I am making some progress towards it at the moment and hopefully it will happen I will have it cleared soon.I can promise you that everything I have said is true, and with the current director in place this could very well happen again.I would advise you not to work with this camp again as this could very well happen to someone else.ThanksStuart Moran
Here is what he said:
Hello Stuart,
I believe I have already clearly stated that there is no mark on your record and you now say the camp has even agreed to give you a positive reference for a future position.  As I have stated previously, I cannot comment on third party claims we are not involved in, and also have let you know we have ADEQUATE information to agree with the camps decision to release you from your camp contract.
All the procedures and costs involved, as well as forfeiture of pay were clearly outlined during many phases of the program and in your program agreement.
We do assess our relationship with all our camps at the end of every season and take into consideration all correspondence.
Thank you,
Mike
Michael Fried
Now what I have put in bold here is Mike saying that CCUSA has gathered adequate information.
I was fired for something I didn't do and treated horribly by Camp Birchwood for Boys and all he can say is the he gathered adequate information on the matter, which really means that CCUSA gathered minimal information on the matter.This is the general attitude that CCUSA have towards their participants, it's awful and all it shows is that they do not care about their participants at all.
Also in later emails you will see CCUSA change their story a lot as I keep on catching them out on so many lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment